Monday, January 22, 2007

Ernest Borgnine turns 90


Another great, grizzled, veteran actor has made it to 90. Yes, its Ernest Borgnine--or Ernie as his friends call him. Even though the website imdb.com states his birth year as 1915, I'll go with Ernie himself who says he was born in 1917 not 1915.

Although he is almost triple my age, I remember his role as Dominic Santini. The fiery, bullheaded co-pilot of a top-secret government helicopter in the 80s smash hit Airwolf. Although Jan Michael Vincent, the show's grossly overpaid main character typically stole the spotlight, it was Mr. Borgnine that added that sprinkle of spice that made the show what it was. Either that or his shiny, blue windbreaker he wore throughout the series.

Here's to you, Mr. Borgnine on turning 90.

2 comments:

lmsabol said...

Scott-I would like to challenge you with the photograph on your opening page:

I would say...hmm..that is a photo of a fjord (or fiord) which is a narrow inlet of the sea between cliffs or steep slopes, which results from marine inundation of a glaciated valley.

I would say with my oceanaic and typographical knowledge, that photo was taken somewhere in Norway, on the West coast of Euorope, or prehaps even on the West coast of North America.

Wheres my ham
Love-Lauren :)

Unknown said...

Dead by June. Morbid and disrespectful, I know. Nevertheless...dead by June.