Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Worthless TV

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Worthless TV

The time that I have to watch TV is very scarce and precious since, being a parent, you’re occupied with more important things such as the development of your child.

The times when I can take a break and brainlessly flip through the endless channels are relaxing to say the least. However, last week I ran across a show that I despised when it was on network TV and seeing it again in reruns reaffirmed that notion.

This show is Full House. Can someone please explain to me how the show Full House stayed on the air for 9 seasons? One would argue that it has the "wholesome family" motif where regardless of what befalls them, all is fine and dandy at the end of the half hour. Fine. Point well-taken. I'll even admit that happy endings give me a good feeling most of the time. However, 192 of them are just too many "everything-is-back-to-being-perfect" scenarios for my taste.

So the next time you’re flipping through the channels and you come across an old episode of Full House, do yourself a favor and blow right by it. Even if you feel yourself being drawn in while asking yourself the question, "I forgot how young the Olsen Twins actually were in this show", its best for the good of all that you continue to channel-surf and maybe land on something more innocuous such as the Food Network or a rerun of the Jeffersons.

Then again, John Stamos' hair, however, does stand the test of time. That in itself might be worth the price of admission.

No comments: